The Best Bootcamp Tips
July 12, 2010 by Craig Ballantyne
Filed under Bootcamp Workouts
I was flying home from Orange County, California (after celebrating bootcamp boss Bedros Keuilian’s birthday)…
…there we were, literally 3 minutes from landing in Toronto, when all of the sudden the pilot started going the WRONG way.
By that, I mean we were only a few thousand feat off the ground and but then he started going back UP. That’s what I call the “wrong way” when you are trying to land an airplane!
So I peaked out the window and realized why. We were heading directly into a storm cloud, and I doubt “Fly into a lightening storm” was on the pilot’s bucket list, so he aborted.
We circled, landed at another airport, refueled, sat around, came back, aborted ANOTHER landing (because of landing gear problems), and then finally got home 5 hours late. Oh well.
You gotta look on the bright side…
And I was lucky enough to have an awesome book with me called, “Bringing Out the Best in People“.
Now it is actually a book about managing employees, but a lot of the lessons apply to running the BEST bootcamps.
Here are a few of the best tips I’ve found so far.
You can use these to get the best results and effort from your clients, and from your trainers (if you manage employees):
1) “The one thing managers (and bootcamp trainers) should know the most about is human behavior”
2) You must know and create and continue to re-create the conditions under which people do their best.
3) “Behavior is a function of its consequences. People do what they do because of what happens to them when they do it.” Therefore,
you must create immediate positive consequences for taking action.
4) “The role of leaders in every organization is not to find fault or place blame, but to analyze why people are behaving as they are, and modify the consequences to promote the behavior they need”
5) “To be trusted, all you have to do is what you say you are going to do. Once trust is established, people will give you the benefit of the doubt if you make a mistake. If you are not trusted, they will not believe you even when you tell the truth.”
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, TT Bootcamps
Incoming boot camp search terms:
- boot camp tips
- bootcamp tips
- tips for bootcamp
- running a bootcamp
- tips for running a bootcamp
- tips for going in to boot camp
- tips for bootcamp workouts
- tips on running bootcamps
- tips for boot camp
- the best boot camp